Optimalworks wins the Accessites.org award
written by craig, 2 February 2008
The Optimalworks.net website has received the Accessites.org “Quality Universal Design” award.
Some points raised:
- a strong design that was both bright and cheerful
- visuals were big, bold and clear with a large readable font size and good use of supporting images/icons
- cross-browser performance was particularly impressive with pages rendering almost faultlessly in every browser
- testing at a number of different screen sizes also hinted at a design that was elastic enough to deal with most situations
- we switched images off and, to our surprise and delight, the site still looked good
- extensive meta text – another demonstration of good attention to detail
- the tab order was exactly as expected given the visual display
- keyboard navigation was an absolute breeze … the kind of keyboard friendly site that should be the norm – not the exception
All our websites are built to the same level of quality. Please contact us if you require a new website or an impartial review of your existing site.
Accessites.org primary mission is to prove that accessible, usable web sites built with universality and standards in mind need not be boring. They review and show you artfully crafted sites made by some of today’s most progressive web developers.
If you create a great accessible website that passes the Accessites.org criteria, then it’s worth submitting it to them. There’s a long waiting list, but the feedback they provide is invaluable.